What are senior cell phone plans and why do you need them?
Senior cell phone plans are a great way for seniors to connect with their loved ones and socialize with friends and family. Most seniors prefer less complicated cell phones. Oftentimes, they prefer a simple cell phone where they can just text and call people.
This is why finding an affordable cell phone plan for seniors is important. Fortunately, there are plenty of senior cell phone plans available in today’s market. The price range costs anywhere between $3 per month to $65 per month. It varies greatly depending on the type of service you need.
For instance, T-Mobile offers a pay-as-you-go plan for as low as $3 per month, and Ting Single Line offers a flexible plan with the base price of $6 per month. However, the minutes, texts and data are billed separately. The same can be said for US Mobile Custom Plan’s flexible plan where the base monthly price is $4.
For seniors who are more mobile or tech-savvy though, there are also a lot of different options. Boost Mobile Unlimited offers a $50 per month plan, and T-Mobile Essentials Unlimited 55 plan offers two lines for $65 per month.
Here are some of the best providers who offer senior cell phone plans:
- T-Mobile offers a plan for those 55+ who wants to have flexible features and great perks
- AT&T offers a senior plan with solid coverage.
- Jitterbug also offers a plan designed specifically for seniors who are looking for an easy-to-use and affordable cell phone plan.
- Sprint has an unlimited 55+ plan that are designed for senior’s convenience.
- FreedoPop is great for those seniors who are on a budget because they offer free cellular, text and data service
- Verizon offers the Verizon Go Unlimited Plan for Seniors with unlimited talk, text and data.
- Republic Wireless, on the other hand, offers unlimited talk & text for seniors at such an affordable price.
- Consumer Cellular allows seniors to design their own plan with no contract and no hidden fees.
- Cricket Wireless also offers packages for seniors at low costs including their ONE Unlimited 55+ plan.